Hey there Bs & Gs,
I found this blog post today and wanted to share it with everyone. It has a great list of questions to ask your venues when touring. This way you can get all of the informaiton upfront and feel completely comfortable with the venue.
Here is the link to the website: http://blogallysonvinzantevents.com/questions-to-ask-your-venue/
1. Do you have my date available?
2. How many people can the space hold? Is that number seated or standing?
3. What is the fee for renting the space?
4. What exactly does this fee include? Venues range from just a room rental rate to an all-inclusive (catering, tables, chairs, linens, lighting, etc.).
5. What is excluded from the rental fee? How many hours does the rental rate include?
6. How much is an additional hour?
7. How many parking spots are available for guests?
8. Can we rent additional parking space if needed?
9. Can I use any vendor or do you have list of preferred vendors?
10. Do you do all set up and tear down of items you provide?
11. If the ceremony and reception will be held in the same space will you have enough time and staff to make this a seamless transition?
12. When can I begin set up on my wedding day?
13. If we have an outdoor element do you provide a back-up location if the weather is bad?
14. Are there any restrictions on use of the space? Often times you can’t hang from the ceiling or use open flame candles.
15. Are there restrictions on photography or videography?
16. Are there any noise restrictions?
17. Do I need to get any permits or insurance for the wedding?
18. Is there a bridal room and a groom’s suite?
19. Can I see a sample of items you provide? This is often tables, chairs, linens and china.
20. How much is the deposit?
21. When is the balance due?
22. What forms of payment do you take?
23. What is your cancellation policy?
The good thing is that during your tour of the pavilion we answer every one of these questions and more. I cannot say the same about other venues so use this list as a guide during your search.